Tuesday, December 30

Do You Want a Revolution???

"And no one puts new wine into old wineskins. For the new wine would burst the old wineskins, spilling the wine and ruining the skins. New wine must be stored in new wineskins. But no one who drinks the old wine seems to want the new wine. 'The old is just fine,' they say" (Luke 5:37-39).

Have you ever wondered why it's so tough to change old ways and habits? Many of us will make yet another attempt at different New Year's "resolutions", only to find ourselves discouraged and derailed before we even get out of January! Here are some resolution that I've made in years past that, honestly, by the end of the first week into the New Year, I knew I was in big trouble:

- I will pray more regularly (that one nailed you too, huh??)
- I will exercise more (won't even go there)
- I will eat better, more healthy foods (third verse, same as the second... second verse, same as the first!)
- I will use my time more wisely...
- I think you get the drift. :-)

There are many more "resolutions" to my lists from the past... and I was never good at keeping them. The reason is, I think, that we try to tack on good actions without first changing the bad actions. We attempt to have new wine poured into old wineskins.

Now, there's a whole lot that I can say about this... we really can't change ourselves, without God's help... real change only comes from surrendering to the Holy Spirit... I can say alot about all of this, but then you'll stop reading because it'll be too long. So, let me just say this:

It's enough for us to know the wineskin is worn out, and we need new wine. In other words, it's God's job to both change the wineskin and to pour in the new wine. Our job is to simply... and sincerely... ask Him to change us, and then to do whatever He says to do. DON'T GET IT TWISTED: You can't ask Him to change you... and then you don't do anything. Whenever we sincerely ask God to make a change in us, He will always show us the first step. Always. But if we don't take that step, or we put it off... next thing you know, we're back to square one. It's the end of January... and we're frustrated... again.

So, FORGET ABOUT THOSE NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS... desire to see a REVOLUTION take place in your life! Don't listen to the lie of the enemy that says, "Forget the new wine... the old is better! Getting new wine takes too much work!" Just ask God to change you... and mean it. But I'm telling you, the first step is always hard. But as you take that step... and then continue to follow Him... He'll change you, in a MAJOR way.

Hey, if you're serious about seeing a revolutionary change in your life, I'd love to pray for you! Email me at mosaic.cp@gmail.com - we can pray for each other... cuz I desperately need a revolution, too!!!! ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Post. You hit the nail on the head. Change is on the way in 09. I need a Revolutionary change in my life. I seek to abide in Christ daily and walk in the spirit consistently. Thoughts, actions, and motives need to be pure, and glorify Christ.