Wednesday, September 10

Since I've Been Gone...

To all my readers:

Sorry I haven't been posting consistently... still waiting for our DSL to be fixed by Verizon. But I just wanted to post some thoughts and keep you updated since I've been away...

* We had a great worship gathering this past Sunday! I started a new message series called God's Dream Team, about the Church (one of my passions). Attendance was up, music was crankin'... it was all good in the house!
* We had more college students out this past weekend... word is getting out about Mosaic... great stuff!
* My bride turned 36 today... seems like it was just yesterday when we started dating and she was 18!!! Okay... it doesn't really seem like yesterday, lol, but I can't believe we've been together for almost eighteen years!!
* We'll be having a table for Mosaic at Univ. of MD's First Look Fair next Wednesday and Thursday, from 10a-3p. This is an annual event, with a couple hundred tables representing campus organizations. Thousands of students will pass through the fair, so it will be great exposure for us! It's a great way for us to touch the lives of hundreds of students!
* Was asked to do a 3-part chapel series on church planting at Washington Bible College in November... should be interesting! :-) I'll also be speaking for Inter-Varsity and Campus Crusade this semester... God is definitely opening doors for me to minister to college students, AND THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!
* This is SO funny: I'm at Starbucks, close to the Univ. of MD campus... and this hot-looking chick (relatively-speaking... I'M SAYIN'!!) just walked up to this geeky-looking dude and said, "Hey, I just wanted to come over and say, 'Hi'! I'm Dionne, from your 5:00 class... remember?" His jaw smacked the floor... he turned beet-red... and he said, "Uh-uh-uh-uh... what's your name again??" HILARIOUS, I TELL YA!! LOLOLOL!!!! Aw, man... I really need that laugh! I think she did that on purpose, too... :)
* The Cowboys looked good this past weekend... what a way to start the season! I hope Philly realizes that they won't be playing the Rams! ;-)
* I had only 55 points in my first Fantasy Football game... I suck, man! I made some changes for this coming weekend... we'll see how it goes!

**EDIT**
Keda just reminded me that the date I'm supposed to speak at the WBC Chapel is Election Day... augh! Gotta find another date to speak...

No comments: