Thursday, July 5

I OFTEN Feel Like Quitting...

Man, I really needed this post from Steven Furtick today... and I needed it bad. The pressure of planting a church is crazy insane! Because no matter how much you see God blessing, if things are not where you thought they'd be, you're always wondering,

"When will things turn around?"

"When will we hit our tipping point?"

"When will we begin to see consistency from everybody?"

"Where is _________ ?"

"Do they like me??"

And the pressure to find answers to those questions can drive you crazy, if you let it. The pressure to perform is staggering and unceasing. It can drive you to the point of wanting to throw in the towel.

That's why what Steven said was so crucial... because sometimes we just need to be reminded that we're not alone in this thing. Others have felt (and many feel right now) the same way... and those coming behind us will go through the same things and have some of the same feelings of discouragement.

So, there you have it... I often feel like quitting. But I never do... because I know I can't... and because I know that I will get through this storm...

... even if this has to happen. ;-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hang in there buddy. I constantly have to remind myself that success doesn't depend on numbers and my faithfulness to God doesn't depend on who shows up on Sunday. Its a tough row to hoe - but if it was easy everyone would plant a church.