Saturday, May 12

Around the Corner

"Now then, you and all these people, get ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give to them - to the Israelites. I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses" (Joshua 1:2-3).

Well, tomorrow marks our 2nd worship service... and I can't wait! I know it's early in the game, but it's exciting... somewhat stressful, but exciting nonetheless. Conventional thinking says that our attendance tomorrow should be low: it's the second service (church plants always take a dive in week 2)... it's Mother's Day, and we have evening services - not the best combination for spiking attendance. :-)

But this verse tells me that God is more than capable of blowing our minds tomorrow! And this verse reminds me to keep super-sizing my faith... because God is too big for me not to trust Him! And even if the numbers are not where I'd like to see them tomorrow evening... I won't be dissapointed, because these verses remind me that God is still in control... heaven still rules - He never leaves His throne!

So, Mosaic-ites... hold onto your hats, because your minds are about to be blown! God is at work... the devil can't stop Him... and the land is ours for the taking!

No comments: