Thursday, April 19

Hmmm...

Well, well...

I seem to have ruffled a few feathers with Tuesday's post...

EVIDENTLY, some have a problem with the fact that I said that it was "evident" that the young man who killed all those people at VA Tech had never met Jesus.

Okay... one the one hand, you're correct: I didn't know the young man... and can't know for sure whether or not he was a believer. Someone even made the inference in their comment that because he was Korean, there was a good chance he was Christian (I tweaked that a bit, but read it for yourself...)

Now, I mean no disrespect - especially to any who may have known the young man personally - but the Bible has A WHOLE LOT to say about what constitutes what a Christ-follower does and does not look like. Here's a sampling:

Look here...

... and here...

Check this out...

... and finally...

Now, I could go on... but I won't... so, that's just a SNIPPET of what the Bible says about the matter. So, if you're upset, don't get mad at me - I didn't write the letter; I'm just carrying the mail...

Now, I will say this to all of you who ARE Christ-followers (I shared this with a friend earlier today): If you and I will get serious about being salty and well-lit Christ-followers (see this passage), we would do the kingdom of darkness some serious damage, and have more of an impact in the world...

And no one will have to WONDER whether or not we know Jesus...

No comments: