Tuesday, April 10

Cross-Colors

I have a meeting on Wednesday that I'm really looking forward to: it's with my good friend, Vic Simpson, and his friend, Pepe Roja. Vic is having us at his church on Sunday morning to do a round table discussion on multicultural ministry and the issue of racism. It's going to be awesome, my friends! For those of you who know me, you know this is something I'm extremely passionate about. It bothers me that there are not more pastors and church planters for whom this a passion... but I'm glad I'll be with two guys this weekend who are definitely passionate about it! (Also, see my friend Amy's blog on this).

"Christ brought us together through his death on the Cross. The Cross got us to embrace, and that was the end of the hostility" (Ephesians 2:16, The Message).

Also, I was just recently contacted about participating in a panel next month on basically the same issues! Wow... God is up to something, I'm tellin' ya! My prayer is that He uses Mosaic to start a revolution in College Park... one that is passionate about reaching all kinds of people, passionate about starting alot of churches, and passionate about this awesome King we have the privilege to serve!!!!!

"I saw a huge crowd, too huge to count. Everyone was there - all nations and tribes, all races and languages. And they were standing, dressed in white robes and waving palm branches, standing before the Throne and the Lamb and heartily singing: Salvation to our God on his Throne! Salvation to the Lamb!" (Revelation 7:9-10, The Message)

No comments: