Monday, February 26

Daddy's Home!

Man...

What a day. We were up and at 'em early... and our 7:49am flight got pushed back to 10:26. The flight was late arriving to O'Hare (Chicago), so we missed our connecting flight... and had to be put on the standby list (along with 68 other not-so-happy people) for the 3:45p flight. Thankfully, God showed us favor, and they called our names to board at the last minute. We left the hotel in Albuquerque around 6am... we got home at around 8pm. Tiring day. Long day.

I loved New Mexico. BUT IT FEELS GOOD TO BE HOME!!! The long, tiring day was worth it when Darren, Shawn, and Seth arrived home and jumped out of their Granddad's car to see us! Keda and I had bought them some souvenirs in Albuquerque, so they were as happy as little clams! They were SO EXCITED to see us... but not nearly as much as we were to see them! Sometimes, when I look at those little ones, and all their boundless energy, I can't help but to imagine what I desire their lives to be like when they grow up... and how I long for God to use them mightily to do great things for Him! They're my boys... and I want the best for them.

I believe our heavenly Father feels the same way about us! I think He just smiles when He looks down and thinks about all that He's created us to be... and do... the purpose that He's placed in us and the power He's given us, to fulfill His will... wherever we are... to impact lives and alter destinies forever!

I'm tellin' you... IT'S AN AWESOME THING TO BE A CHILD OF GOD!! Not everybody can claim this... and nobody deserves it... yet to all who received Him, to those who believed in His name, he gave the right to become children of God (John 1:12).

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God (1 John 3:1).

What an awesome love...

And just think... I get to model that kind of love to my sons.

No comments: