Tuesday, February 27

Don't Even Worry About It!

Ok... so now we've got another DaVinci Code thingy going on, huh? And I'm sure there are Christ-followers everywhere ready to go ballistic. And I guess I understand that, because when you love somebody, you don't want people messin' with them...

So, sometimes Jesus lovers have a tendency to go medieval when people start trying to make Him look bad. But you know what I've found? Jesus can take much better care of Himself than we can! We don't need to picket or boycott or anything like that... all we need to do is KEEP PREACHING JESUS!!

Sure, let's help them get their facts straight...
Let's tell them what the Word says...
Let's keep proclaiming the fame of His name...
But let's NOT worry about foolish and false accounts about people finding His bones...

Because, I guarantee you, He's not worried about it... He's alive and doing very well, thank you! And He's continuing to transform the lives of countless numbers of people who have embraced His death AND resurrection!


The resurrection of Jesus is a FACT... whether people believe it or not.

“I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying" (John 11:24).


2 comments:

James Diggs said...

Thanks for the heads up about the book Darren; and your right Christians should not loose their cool about this. Frankly the DaVinci Code lead to an over reaction by some Christians that mirrored on a small level the fictional antagonists in the book that tried to sweep everything under the rug and hide the facts out of fear. As Christians we should never be afraid to bring things into the LIGHT. Too often Christians just plug their ears to things like this and like children say “naaa naaa naaa I’m not listening”; we have the habit in our culture to turn “faith” into an excuse to put our heads in the sand and not enter into the dialogue.

The book the “Family Tomb of Jesus” is actually meant to go along with a documentary that will be out soon with the same name; I am looking forward to seeing it.

Peace,

James

Walls Down Church Kids said...

I think some of the best discussions I had with non-Christians revolved around the DaVinci Code. We need to be knowledgeable so that we can express who Jesus and the Bible really are and why books like these are just another hoax. It also really made me think about how to defend my faith by engaging in debate.