Monday, August 28

Whew!

Wow... the past couple of weeks have been crazy hectic! From vacation to leadership conference to van conking out again... we needed God's strength in the Plummer household in a major way! But He is ALWAYS good (thank You, Jesus) and saw us through... So, we're back on the road again! Now, the next few weeks will be pretty busy, too, as we ramp up for our Vision Night the week of Sept. 10. Lookin' forward to some incredible things as we prepare for that!

The closer we get, though, the more this thing sets in as reality. Sometimes my mind races: Am I ready for this? Will this run me ragged? Am I going to fail?? I'm not shocked at the thoughts; I think it's natural. But sometimes the gravity of the situation hits like a ton of bricks: I just recently learned of two pastors that have been forced to take sabbaticals - not for any moral failures, but from ministry burnout and a much needed PAUSE. One of those cats is a personal friend of mine, and he told me, "Darren, I haven't even been to church in four weeks (he was on vacation), and I'm getting ready to take another four weeks for a rest sabbatical." That's major. In many ways, he's a much more gifted individual than I am, and he can't handle the load - what am I supposed to do??

But then, I remember David's words to his son, Solomon, as he was passing on the baton of leadership to rule the nation... he said, "Take this seriously. The Lord has chosen you to build a Temple as his sanctuary. Be strong and do the work." I know it's not going to be easy - it's new, it's bigger than me, and right now Mosaic doesn't have a lot of financial resources (or people, for that matter! Ha!). But this is the Lord's doing... and it's up to Him to see us through! It's His vision, and He has to be the one to fulfill it! So, I can take courage and trust that because He has chosen me for this work, the work will be done... He'll enable and empower me to pull it off.

"There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish..." (Phil. 1:6, The Message)

No comments: