Tuesday, June 6

The Faithfulness of God

Last week, I met with Dr. David Anderson, Sr. Pastor of Bridgeway Community Church (an awesome, multicultural ministry here in MD), and he really challenged me to hold to the vision that God has given me for a multicultural church... to make sure that our launch team does not become homogeneous (one culture) - even if it means slowing down with bringing people aboard the launch team or pushing back the launch date a little. I received that challenge, because it was confirmation of what the Lord was already saying to me. When I left the meeting with DA, I checked my voicemail and had a message from Shawn McBride (one of my best friends, who is also a church planter). He had left me the info for a young man, a white guy (Rick) who is currently living in College Park, and is a "monster" evangelist!

I met Rick at Starbucks that afternoon, and - as we were talking - another white guy (I know that sounds terrible, but bear with me...) interrupted us because he overheard us talking about church planting. I introduced myself to him, gave him a ministry card, and he proceeded to tell me that he has a friend who is currently doing an internship at another local church, but really has a heart to plant a multicultural work in... guess where?... College Park! Needless to say, his friend (Jason) and I have a meeting scheduled at Starbucks tomorrow morning at 9am! ;-)

Then today, at Starbucks again, I met a young, Korean student who is going to help me connect with some of her friends! How awesome is that?? Only God! All of that just served as a reminder to me that "great is His faithfulness!" As the Psalmist said, "Commit your way to the Lord, and He will bring it to pass" (Ps. 37:4). I was discouraged last week, because I couldn't see what God saw: He knows where the people are; and He's faithfully and providentially moving pieces so that I can connect with those people at the right time!

Oh! And Rick and I hooked up this morning to do a prayerwalk through some of Univ. of MD... not only is he passionate about evangelism; he's passionate about prayer!

Hmmmm...

His cross, His life... My Passion!
PD

1 comment:

NMajano22 said...

Wow! Isn't that just AWESOME! You can clearly see the LORD will show you the way.