Tuesday, March 4

A Little Piece On Oprah...

I've never been a huge Oprah fan...

I do appreciate some of the things she's done, and some of the issues she's addressed. But I'm also aware of the fact that she holds influence over millions of people (especially women) that is so powerful that some people will follow her advice (or that of a person Oprah really respects) without thinking much about the factuality of it.

Now, she's putting on display widely-known New Ager Marianne Williamson and a year-long study of Course on Miracles. This book has some very interesting thoughts on Jesus and Christianity (see Ben Arment's post about it)

To all Christ-followers who are regular Oprah watchers: I'm not saying to boycott Oprah... just be aware of what she espouses.. and how tricky the enemy is. This is serious stuff!

Be careful.

1 comment:

Emily Jennings said...

I know exactly what you are saying. She's has this incredible influence and following, its SCARY. But I do like some of her shows and the good things she does. Its just sad that she doesn't really know the Truth.
Thanks for the heads up.

Em