Thursday, September 13

God's Got It!

I'm a movie buff. I love movies.

Sometimes, instead of renting movies from Blockbuster (no, I haven't done NetFlix yet), I'll check out a couple from the public library. Their movies are free... and you get to keep them for 3 days. If you haven't watched them within that time frame, you can renew them for another 3 days (you can renew movies twice). After that, you get fined 20 cents a day for the movies being late.

But see... I'm busy. So, sometimes, I'll check out movies... and never watch them... even though I've renewed them twice. And then I usually end up paying a fine... not a large fine... but a fine, nonetheless. I could've just watched the movie... or turned it in when I saw that I wasn't going to be able to watch it. I had access to the movie... but never watched it.

If we're honest, isn't our relationship with God a lot like that? He has given us access to SO MUCH in order for us to live out our life well... but we often don't take hold of it... for whatever reason....

Fear...
Lack of knowledge...
Lack of wisdom (YES, there's a difference!)...
Disobedience...
Bad advice...

But the truth is, we never have to miss out or lose out on what God has for us for ANY reason!

We need courage? He's got it...
Need understanding? Got that, too!
Need direction and guidance? You guessed it... He's got it!
What about forgiveness? Man, He specializes in it!
Need advice? Well, unfortunately, He doesn't give that... He's not much into suggestions. :-) But He won't ever steer you wrong!

Too often, we live at a lower level of living... simply because we fail to realize and appropriate all the resources that God gives us in order to thrive in this life!

It's one thing to miss out on a movie... quite another to miss out on what God has for your life...

THAT... will preach. ;-)

No comments: