Sunday, May 6

We're Off and Running!!!!

Wow... I've been dreaming about this for a long time... and it happened today: Mosaic Community Church is official!! We launched today with 43 people... May 6, 2007 goes down in Mosaic history! Really excited... but I have to admit that I'm relieved this first weekly service is under our belt!

In the midst of all the hard work and - yes - stress at times, things like this make it worth it: a young lady named Gina introduced herself to me after the service... she learned about Mosaic through one of our door hangers, and was TOTALLY AMPED! She was so excited... I thought she was going to jump up and down! :-) She said, "I can't wait to tell all my friends!" Man, it almost doesn't get any better than that...

Funny... if you had asked me this time last year how many people we'd have at our launch, I'd probably have excitedly said no less than 150!!! But, you know, there was no disappointment at all at today's numbers... God is doing something great in College Park, and lives are being changed.

We're creating a culture...
We're starting a revolution...

And I've got a front seat for it all. ;-)

4 comments:

A McG said...

Great to hear...we were praying today.....

INTELBLKMN said...

Darren,
Congrats!!!
Praise God for the start of something awesome!!

Unknown said...

Rock on dude! Glad it went well. You are right where we were 5 years ago - meeting at night - but you are twice the size we were then. Go to days as fast as you can and blow the lid off. Maybe Crosspoint can plan a mission trip out there or something and help you with some kind of outreach or something.

The fun is just beginning!

Walls Down Church Kids said...

Congrats....just getting started...can't wait to continue hearing about how it all grows!!

had "butt prints" on my blog at one point...love it!