Sunday, April 1

A Rat-a-tat-Tat!

Ok...

I forgot today was April Fool's Day...

And my 8 year old, Shawn, got me... and got me good!

We were at a mall this afternoon... and stopped in a pet store (our kids are allowed to be pet owners vicariously this way... long story). So... "what had happened was"... we were in the section with the rats and mice, when I heard my wife Marquita say, "Oh, my gosh!" Then, I felt something scampering across my back! Now, I consider myself to be a manly man, so I didn't scream... but I did get pretty excited... "Ahh... ahhhhh... ahhhhhh!!!!!" and did a little dance right there in the store! Man, I just KNEW that one of those little critters had somehow escaped, and was on my back!!!!

Fortunately, for me, it was only Shawnie's little fingers on Dad's back. Whew!! That would've been pretty freaky, had it been a rat! I can tolerate gerbils... maybe a hamster... but there's just something about rats and mice that creep me out.

And I really think this phobia might all be due to Gary Lamb and his freakin' mice dreams...

No comments: