Tuesday, March 6

The Day I Became Crazy...

This song, Crazy (by the group Gnarls Barkley), is one of my favorites.

I can remember it like it was yesterday...

I don't remember the date, but I do remember everything else surrounding that time...

I was living like a wild man... living for the moment, while a student at Univ. of MD at College Park... but I wasn't living my life for Christ, no one would've ever guessed that I was a Christian. I met a guy named Duane, who was like no other 21-year old Christ-follower I'd ever met (I was the same age at the time). So impressed was I by his life and passion for Jesus, that I found myself hanging out with him 2 or 3 times a week at his job at the undergraduate library. In about a month's time, Duane had made such an impact on my life that one night I went home and prayed, "Lord, I want to know you the way Duane does!" I remember waking up the next morning, and... no joke... sensing that something was indeed different...

I was now a crazy man... a fool for Christ...I would go from being a "Christian" to being a "Christ-follower"...

And, believe me... there's a HUGE difference.

The trajectory of my life changed after that time spent with Duane... and that's the way it's supposed to be. Our lives should be so contagious... so salty and well-lit (Matt. 5:13-16)... that people who get to know us come away changed. They should become crazy... just like us!

And, make no mistake about it... if you passionately live for Jesus, people will definitely think you're crazy...

Just like me!

No comments: