Wednesday, March 25

Be Kind!

On Sunday, I challenged our people to be intentional and creative in finding someone to show a random act of God's kindness to. "What's God's kindness," you ask?" Well, that's the kindness that attaches itself to a person for no good reason... it's unconditional, undeserving, and the person is totally unable to pay back what is given.

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to give a stranger a ride (not saying I recommend you doing the same)... and, at first, I really didn't want to do it. I was sorta in a rush... places to go, things to do, you know the deal... but I said, "Aw, what the heck! Besides, I'm supposed to be trying to be nice!" (Unfortunately, I didn't have a smile on my face).

Well, Phillip (the dude's name) began to tell me his story... how he'd lost his apartment, job, and car recently, and is just trying to find a job to keep his head above water. He told me about how he'd gotten away from the Lord... not fully trusting Him, especially in the present during this huge crunch. Then, in the 5 minutes that he rode with me, he listened as I shared Scripture (and some food) with him and just tried to minister to him in the power of the Spirit. Phillip went away SUPER EXCITED, with some food in his stomach, and some information about some church in College Park that he's interested in checking out!

Okay... I know someone out there has a "Kindness Story" to share... come on wit it! ;-)

No comments: