Tuesday, January 27

One Thing

I was going over some of my posts from a couple of years ago, and came across one that I think is timeless in it message. I can use the challenge again, and I'm sure you probably can, as well... so enjoy! :-)

What is Your One Thing?

Over the last couple of weeks, I've been meditating and studying this passage about Jesus' story of "the talents." One thing that stands out to me is that the master gave his servants one thing to do. He gave them, each according to their own ability, money to invest.

He didn't give them sheep to shepherd...
He didn't give them buildings to build...
He didn't give them other servants to oversee...
He didn't give them soldiers to train...
He didn't give...

You get the picture.

He gave them one thing. They were to be focused, centered, and concentrated on that one thing.

The problem is with many of us that we either 1) try to do so many things that our "one thing" gets diluted, or 2) we don't even know what our "one thing" is!

No wonder we're often ineffective...

Steven said it well: "You won't be judged on what you did, but on what you were called to do."

God is not looking for us to be a jack-of-all-trades. Find your one thing... be faithful in that one thing...

And watch God bless others - and you - through it.

One thing. That's it.

No comments: