Friday, June 20

I'll Make a Way...

I've been lovin' on the Natalie Grant song I'll Make a Way recently... it really speaks to the heart of the type of person (especially young adults) we love to welcome at Mosaic: far from God... broken... confused... ashamed... desperately searching for something. There are SO MANY people out there who fall into that category... they're all around us (some of us live next door to them... some are related to them), and they so much need to see Christ in us... and hear from us about His crazy love for them.

The words are absolutely powerful...

She was only 17... wild at heart and following her dreams
Believin' she was pretty, got a ticket to the city
Where she'd find her place on the cover of a magazine.
It was only a chatroom, but it would lead the way
To the door of a man where she'd throw it all away
He said they'd take it slow, but little did she know
She'd be all used up by the end of the day

But she was strong, she would survive
Ambition would be her drive
And she cried, "I'll make a way, I'll do whatever it takes
Even though it won't be easy
I have a plan, and though I may not understand
Someday, I'll make a way
Hear me say... someday, I'll make a way>

Where did she go wrong? And how did she get here?
Livin' hard and lookin' older than her years
Ms. Little Big Town, tryin' to hold a job down
Just doin' what she could to choke her fears

But she was strong, she would survive
A spark of hope that kept her dreams alive:
"I'll make a way, I'll do whatever it takes
Even though it won't be easy
I have a plan, and though you may not understand
Someday, I'll make a way.

Walking down the road in the city where she'd come with so much hope
You see, her vision had long died, along with all her pride
And she found herself at the end of her rope.
But she heard angels through the door at the church she'd passed a million times before
Inside, the choir song was ringing
Soon she found herself believing
That out there maybe there was something more

And so she bowed her head to pray
And she cried, "Jesus, please make a way..."
And she heard Him say, "I'll make a way, I'll do whatever it takes
Even though it won't be easy
I have a plan, and though you may not understand
Today, I'll make a way
Hear Him say, today He'll make a way.

No comments: