Sunday, March 30

Sunday Nite Speak!

* Awesome, awesome, awesome! Great worship gathering all around tonight! Numbers were up... new people were out... some who were AWOL returned (just kidding, friends)... just a really good service!

* Felt on point with the message tonight... actually, I've felt that way over the last few weeks! The messages seem to be really connecting and resonating with people. Spoke tonight on living "A Buzz Life", from 1 Thessalonians 1... about how the Thessalonians created such a buzz that everybody, everywhere was talking about them! So much so, that Paul said he couldn't even get the words out of his mouth about them fast enough, before someone would start talking about "how the Thessalonians turned from idols to serve the living and true God!" And here's the kicker: they had probably been Christ-followers for only about a year! Yet, they were creating buzz all over the region... MAD CRAZY STUFF!!! :-) But it's true: GOD INTENDS FOR OUR LIVES TO CREATE BUZZ!

* "Let's Give 'Em Somethin' to Talk About!" Let's intentionally live salty and well-lit lives that points people to Jesus and gets them talking about how God turned has us from godless, empty living to serve the only living and true God!!!

* Headed to LA tomorrow morning for this conference! I'll also be meeting with a guy who's in the Protege Program at Mosaic LA... we've been dreaming together for several months now, and I'm really excited about what God is doing in his life. He's from this area (graduate of UMD, no less), and we're really praying to see what God is saying about him coming on board with us next year. Great guy... I SAY YES!! Hopefully, Jesus says the same. :-) Keep that in your prayers!

* Mom P... it was great seeing you tonight! ;-)

* Jumaine Jones will be hanging out with me at the conference, too... we should get a whole lotta takeaways to bring home to our churches!

* We have a couple of great First Sundays coming up! On April 6, this guy is coming to speak at Mosaic, DC. I've been enjoying getting to know him, and I'm sure we're gonna have a really great time together! Then, on May 6... MOSAIC'S FIRST ANNIVERSARY... we're excited to have a good friend of mine to be celebrating with us, and we're gonna party BIG-TIME... believe that! ;-) If you haven't picked up his book, you need to do so... recently, I've been saying that a this book was the "best book" I read in '07, but I must've bumped my head b/c "Pinatas" was definitely no slouch! (Sorry, Pastor Wayne... I really love DM, too) So, you definitely don't want to miss either first Sunday in April or May... great times!

* I am so behind with March Madness... who made it to the Final Four besides NC and UCLA??
* I don't even know who won the Nationals home opener!!

* Some of you avid bloggers/blog readers are waiting for Ben Arment's BIG ANNOUNCEMENT on tomorrow... I already know it. You're gonna love it. ;-)

* I have a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT, TOO... but ya gotta wait until tomorrow... after BIG BEN'S announcement! :-)

No comments: