Wednesday, September 19

Things I'm Learning...

* Sometimes I don't know what the heck I'm doing! :-)

* God is faithful and merciful, even though He knows that I don't know what I'm doing!

* Church planting is harder than I thought! But I was made for what I'm doing... and would do it for free, if I could provide for my family!

* God doesn't usually push us out of our comfort zones... He calls us to step out of the boat. He never forces us, because whether or not we want to grow is a decision that only we can make! ;-)

* I suck at event planning... for that matter, I kinda suck at planning! :-) I really, really enjoy preaching... and casting vision... and empowering people to lead.

* I think I'm a bookaholic!

* Jim Henry's blog looks WAY better than mine! :-)

* My wife really loves me... and I'm convinced that she's the most forgiving person I know! (having said that Baby Girl... um, about that book I bought...)

* God's timetable and mine are sometimes not even in the same calendar year...

* I really love our Mosaic folks!!! And I'm not just saying that because next month is PASTOR APPRECIATION MONTH (even though it is). I really do love you guys!

* October is PASTOR APPRECIATION MONTH! Oh, did I say that already?? :-)

* It's humbling to know that people enjoy reading this blog... and that there are people who want to listen to me speak week after week. Wow.

* Life is short... so whatever you do, do it with a heart to please God!

5 comments:

nathanhyde.com said...

You know, there are also people that would listen to your weekly messages online if they were on the church website! Not that I'm dropping a subtle hint or anything...

DARREN PLUMMER: said...

We're workin' on it baby... WE'RE WORKIN' ON IT!! :-)

Jim Henry said...

Thanks for the heads up about October...Father's Day, Christmas, My Birthday and now this...SWEET!

BTW - Lovin' on your blog...seriously, it's really insightful. Can't wait to connect at GCC!

Walls Down Church Kids said...

I love reading you share your struggles and successes. I could agree with quite a few of these right now---and God is incredible! Prayin for ya...

Shaula said...

"God's timetable and mine are sometimes not even in the same calendar year..."

That is so true!