Monday, May 21

Monday Ramblings...

Had a great service yesterday... numbers are still pretty low... but excitement is high! we're still getting out first-timers... and people are returning, and bringing their friends!

I preached long yesterday... 45 minutes... wow. Not sure if that's too long for our church, but we're trying to keep the messages to around 30-35 minutes...

Brian and the band did an incredible job yesterday! They rocked Bebo Norman's Nothing Without You and Casting Crowns' Voice of Truth, along with some other songs. It was great... and the Casting Crowns song went perfectly with the message (FACING YOUR GIANTS:Turning Obstacles into Opportunties).

BIG UPS: Okay... MUST give props to Bernard Greene...who handled guitar duties, powerpoint, AND sound (don't even ask...) Thanks, B, for stretching out and helping wherever needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A couple of things I am learning: 1) it is HARD to build teams... 2) we need to be more intentional with building relationships/doing evangelism. Churches grow from the "buzz" in the community that's created by the church itself! And the buzz comes from being "salt and light" to the people in the community!

1 comment:

A McG said...

I think that what you said about evangelism is the key...especially in that area...I think one of our "faults" if there were any was we were not as intentional as we could have been....

....and please tell Bernard that I totally understand what he went through on Sunday...I guess its character building, right? I must say I have a lot of character...=)