Tuesday, March 13

BIG UPS to Geoff Hammond!

Wow... this is HUGE...

The trustees at SBC's North American Mission Board (NAMB) will be voting on Geoff Hammond as their new president... HUGE!!!!

For those who don't know, Geoff is the Senior Associate Director of the Southern Baptist Conservatives of Virginia, the state convention of which I am a church planter (though I reside in Maryland... long story... God's all in it).

I mean, this is MAJORLY HUGE!!!

Although we will miss Geoff terribly (he's personally been a huge advocate, encourager, and supporter for Mosaic), NAMB couldn't be getting a better dude. I'm a newbie in the SBC - and I'm from Takoma Park, MD and don't know all there is to know - but I think Geoff is going to do a bang-up job... he loves church planters and missionaries, he's very approachable, and he's an awesome leader... of leaders!!

"Introducing... the new President of the North American Mission Board..."

edited at 5:47pm

No comments: