Tuesday, January 16

Brrrrr!

Man... what happened to our nice weather? I'm sitting here in Starbucks, freezing my buns off! I think these crazies have the AC on!

Well, though it's cold all around me, Jesus has kept a flame burning in my heart! He just totally blows my mind EVERY DAY!!!! You say, "Tell me about what He's done, Darren!" I say, "Nothing necessarily out of the ordinary... today!" Just the fact that His mercies are new every morning! He keeps a song on my heart, and gives me a reason to live! Actually, He has done something... He gave me TUESDAY, JANUARY 16, 2007! I've never seen this day before... it's a totally unique day... and it awaits my signature! I can live today to the fullest, knowing that I'll never have another chance to mark it. Yesterday's mark was for yesterday... tomorrow's will be for tomorrow. But today is longing to have my name etched in it! Today is unwritten... and so is tomorrow, and so is Thursday, and so is... you get the picture.

And, knowing that I'm writing in indelible ink reminds me that I have to be intentional and purposeful about what I'm writing... because I can't go back and erase what's written. Wow... what an amazing thought...

And here's another amazing thought: I really think my fingers are frostbitten... and I can't feel the tip of my nose.

No comments: