Wednesday, December 13

Close Call?

Had a little scare today... went to traffic court for a speeding ticket in Caroline County, VA that I received back in October, coming back from Richmond... actually, they said it was reckless driving because I was clocked at 77 mph in a 55 zone... yup, true. And it was a little scary because if you get some crazy judge who likes making examples out of people, you could be looking at a few days in the county pen (and NO, I'm not writing this from jail!!) But here's the deal with how I got into the predicament in the first place: our Ford Windstar minivan was in the shop, and I was driving a rental car... which just happened to be a 2007 Nissan Maxima! Have you ever driven one of those?? Those babies' got some get-up!! Well, I was driving home, and had just turned off onto my favorite backroad (Rte. 301), when all of a sudden I hear this "Whoooooooop!" and I look up and see these bright, flashing blue lights in my rearview mirror... Virginia's finest had come a-callin'!!

So, today I had to pay the piper... when the judge called me forward, he said, "How do you plead?" I said, "Guilty... with an explanation!" :-) So, I proceeded to tell him the story about the Maxima... needless to say, he was neither impressed nor sympathetic!

He did agree that those Maximas are fast and fun to drive, though!! Haha!!

Oh yeah... and he reduced my infraction from reckless driving to speeding, too... that's mercy right there, baby! :-) Thank you, JESUS!

Here's a funny: In The Message translation, Jeremiah 2:25 reads, "Slow down. Take a deep breath. What's the hurry?" :-)

Until later,
PD

No comments: