Thursday, July 13

Warning...

Ok... you've been forewarned... I'll be rambling tonight, folks! Too much running through my brain... need to go to bed... son just woke up crying, "Momm-meee!" His two older brothers are in Florida this week, and he's hating life because he's in the room by himself for another couple of days. I feel like singing in his ear, "It's a hard-knock life for us..." :-)

Oh, the trials of childhood... btw, in-between paragraphs, he won: I went to get him. I'm such a softie...

We're headed down to Chesapeake, VA for a couple of days... get some R&R, and hang out with our good friends, Andre and Pam. We're trying to arrange a marriage between our little Seth and their little Naomi (whom Seth calls, "Me-omi"). I'm not quite sure Seth has made a good impression the last couple of times he saw her... he kinda played the "shy" role, which (of course) gets you nowhere as a guy. I tried to give him some pointers... teach him some cool pick-up lines from back in the day... "Hey, girl... standing over there, lookin' all cute with that Sippy Cup..." The boy went over and just snatched the cup! I was like, "Aww, man..." I don't remember being that slow a learner... but, then again, that was a really long time ago...

Hey... did anybody hear the one about Pastor D taking over as pastor of a church here in Laurel? I heard about it yesterday! Where did THAT come from??? Whoever started that one needs to take REPENTANCE 101... Let me just set the record straight a l'il bit: "I am launching a new church in College Park, MD." Now, you say it: "Darren... is... launching...a...new...church..." You get the picture. I haven't been approached to even consider pastoring somewhere else... and, if anybody does ask me, the answer is "N-O." My dream is to start churches... many of them... to advance the Kingdom of God in the world... to permeate culture and community with the manisfested presence of God through His Church... by starting new churches.. many of them... you get the picture.

So... I'm still here... in College Park. But if you ever hear that I took over as the lead of a local rap group... well, now that would be a little more believable...

Let me hear you say... "Ho." Yay-uh!
:-)

No comments: